Recently, in American Literature class, we read few short stories and poems. Among many passages, my favorite story was 'The Leader of the People'.
'The Leader of the People' is about Jody's family when his grandfather visits his home where Jody lives with his parents. Because this story is about a normal family life, I felt more comfortable with it, and I really liked how the story made the readers to think about the earlier generation and present generation. The point of the story was the conflicts between the characters. The conflicts between Jody's father and other family members had brought out the intense. Also, because those conflicts can normally happen to other family as well, I think it made people feel familiar. More, the internal conflict in Jody's mind, which Jody wanted to balance helping his grandfather and his father showed a child's point of view of a family.
No comments:
Post a Comment